Terms of Business
Everything you need to know
Lessons will be charged at the agreed rate, and are payable monthly in advance, on or before the 1st day of each calendar month.
Timings, cancellations and illness
Please note that the student is booked in for a particular time slot; the Tutor undertakes to always be available for the full duration of the agreed slot, but if the student arrives late then the time will not be made up afterwards. The student, if not making their own way home, must be collected on time at the end of the lesson. For repeat offenders the Tutor reserves the right to charge (at the rate of £2 per minute) for late pick-ups.
Any lessons cancelled by the Student, or their Parent/Guardian, with less than 48 hours’ notice will be charged in full. This notice period allows the slot to be offered to someone on the waiting list.
If the student has an infectious illness (such that they would be expected to stay away from their place of education/work) or is unable to travel to the lesson venue then no face-to-face lesson will take place, but an online lesson will be offered as a substitute.
If the Tutor is obliged to cancel a lesson then the lesson will be rearranged for a mutually convenient time.
Students tend to have a high workload already, therefore homework is not set as a matter of course.
Out of hours support
Out of hours support on homework is available to students and is charged as per the Fees Section.
Parents of students are welcome to discuss a student’s progress out of hours, within reason.
Termination of this Agreement
Lessons will continue until a mutually agreed termination date, subject to 14 days’ notice on either side. Any overpayment will be refunded. Both parties reserve the right to terminate lessons should they no longer be considered beneficial to the Student.
Limitation of Liability
While the Tutor will endeavour to ensure that the Student makes satisfactory progress, this cannot be guaranteed, and the Tutor cannot be held accountable for the academic success or otherwise of the Student. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Tutor accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Tutor’s services or any errors or omissions in the contents of the Tutor’s learning materials.
Your personal data will be held in a password-encrypted file stored on a password-protected account:
- Names of student and parent/guardian if applicable
- School/college attended and details of target qualification
- Address, phone numbers and email addresses of parent/guardian and (if provided) student
- Anything else mutually considered relevant to private tuition
- Email addresses and phone numbers are also stored in email and phone contacts, and basic information relating to the course of study is included in planning documents, which are shared with the student on a regular basis.
- If a student aged under 18 is emailed then the parent will also be copied in on the email.
- Interaction with clients on social media is only undertaken via the B28 Maths Tutor Facebook page and/or Twitter account.
- Phone numbers will only ever be used for matters directly relevant to tuition.
- You may occasionally be emailed or texted with information about additional sessions/services relevant to Maths study which may be of interest to you or your acquaintances, but this will not be a frequent occurrence.
- Your personal information will not be passed to any third parties without your explicit consent, unless there is a legal requirement for it to be disclosed.
- You have the right to ask for all information held relating to you to be deleted. Please note, however, that tuition cannot continue after information is deleted and that terms and conditions regarding cancellation remain the same.
- Unless a client has specifically asked for information to be destroyed, client details will be held on file until the end of the following academic year after a student has finished tuition.
- Financial data will be retained for seven years for tax reasons. When the information is destroyed, all papers will be shredded to protect the client’s identity and any data held in computer files will be either anonymised or permanently deleted.
Subject access requests: you have the right to see information held relating to this tuition agreement. If you wish to exercise this right then you can do so by making an appointment to come at the beginning of a tuition session.